engage in comments vs. COINTELPRO/PSYOPS/Operation Mockingbird agents here: http://www.examiner.com/x-18425-LA-County-Nonpartisan-Examiner~y2010m2d27-US-sponsors-terrorists-to-overthrow-Irans-government-again-Evidence-suggests-its-true
Abdolmalek Rigi, leader of the assassination/terrorist group, Jundallah, was announced as captured by Iran’s government on February 23, 2010. Iran televised Mr. Rigi making a statement that the US government funds Jundallah, provides weapons, and assists with logistical management.
Such testimony should be viewed skeptically, as Mr. Rigi’s honesty could certainly be compromised while a prisoner. However, the most important circumstantial evidence and history corroborate the conclusion that the US is engaged in state-sponsored terrorism to overthrow Iran’s government.
Let’s consider this evidence (additional documentation and summaries here
, here, and here
- Jundallah’s history of assassinations is not refuted, yet the US does not list this group as “terrorist.” This is a curious detail.
- The US passed the “Iran Freedom and Support Act” in 2006 to fund groups working to overthrow Iran’s government.
- Iran has claimed in the past that they arrested members of such groups who confess to US government funding and logistical support.
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Seymour Hersh, who broke the Mai Lai massacre story in Vietnam and Abu Ghraib torture scandal in Iraq, reports that the US dedicated $400 million to militant groups to overthrow Iran’s government, including Jundallah.
- US sponsorship of Jundallah has been confirmed and reported by Brian Ross of ABC News and the London Daily Telegraph.
- The US Voice of America (VoA) televised a phone interview with Mr. Rigi, introducing him as “leader of the Iranian people’s resistance movement” rather than a wanted terrorist for the complicity in killing over 50 people in various acts of terrorism and assassination.
- Most importantly, the history of the US with Iran’s government is the most likely predictor of the nature of present actions. The US overthrew Iran’s democratically-elected government in CIA Operation Ajax in 1953; installing the vicious and US-compliant dictator Shah Pahlavi who crushed democracy until he was deposed in 1979. The purpose of the US unlawful overthrow was Iran’s request to renegotiate existing oil contracts that provided Iran with only 15% of the profits.
- More history contextualizes the present: Iran refused US dictatorship in 1979; the US responded by supporting Iraq’s unlawful War of Aggression and invasion of Iran from 1980 to 1988. The US provided loans, intelligence, the US Navy destroyed Iranian oil platforms, and the US gave political approval of this grossly unlawful attack in the UN Security Council.
- For immediate history that extends into the present: US political “leaders” and colluding corporate media lie (yes, absolute lie is the accurate explanation) that Iranian President Ahmadinejad ever physically threatened Israel. This contrivance is the same kind of lying propaganda that preceded US unlawful attack on Iraq.
- Official US policy allows first-strike use of nuclear weapons against countries that could possibly threaten the US and/or our allies in the future. This policy is tailored to fit the above lying rhetoric of Iran threatening Israel.
- The US lies that Iran’s lawful and verified nuclear energy and medicine program is a threat of being a nuclear weapons program. This is a “Big Lie” or Orwellian degree. The US takes all available evidence and constructs rhetoric in complete contradiction, and with no supporting evidence.
- We know now that all claims to support war with Iraq were not only false, but known to be false at the time they were told.
- US overthrow of democracies and any other form of government has a long history.
- And remember, a US claim that Iran attacked the US is probably a false flag attack; an attack by the US to kill Americans to justify US attack on Iran.
- US corporate media has been and is now infiltrated by hundreds of government assets to propagandize Americans to support US war policies. These programs have been exposed numerous times, including in official US Congress reports.
Below is Webster Tarpley
providing a 3 and 5-minute television interview explaining the telling evidence in this story.
It’s time: exercise your 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech and press, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Please provide this article to all Americans if you find it helpful to stop current and future unlawful wars.
This choice is up to our men and women in uniform and government for leadership. I provide:
And, our men and women in uniform must take action as they see best; as will our men and women in government and citizenry. As a teacher of government and law, I conclude our government leadership is guilty of treason
against the American public, and guilty of mass murder against our soldiers.
Choose well; our collective future, and your future, depend upon it.
It’s time: please share this article with all who can benefit. If you appreciate my work, please subscribe by clicking under the article title (it’s free).
Please use my archive of work
to help build a brighter future.
I appreciate your attention to these facts and encourage your further study and action consistent with your own self-expression. My recommendations:
Policy response: Gandhi and Martin Luther King
advocated public understanding of the facts and non-cooperation with evil. I’m among hundreds who advocate:
- Understand the laws of war (and here). These were legislated after WW2 and are crystal-clear that only self-defense, in a narrow legal meaning, can justify war. The current US wars are not even close to being lawful and are legal treason against the US. Those involved with US military, government, and law enforcement have an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution. To fulfill their oath they must immediately refuse all orders associated with unlawful wars and military-related constant violation of treaties, and arrest those who issue unlawful orders. The Oath of Enlistment to the US Constitution supersedes the fascist insertion of Nazi propaganda to “always place the mission first” of blindly following unlawful orders.
- Employ the obvious and simple solutions to end our economic controlled demolition and evolve to a civil economy. End poverty through global cooperation to achieve the UN Millennium Goals by developed countries investing 0.7% of their income (not that the UN is serious for their accomplishment, but the goals are what we should invest to produce). Support global security through cooperation, dignity, justice, and freedom. Create a US Department of Peace to help.
- Communicate. Trust your unique, beautiful, and powerful self-expression to share as you feel appropriate. Understand that while many people are ready to embrace difficult facts, many are not. Anticipate that you will be attacked and prepare your virtuous response in the spirit of competition, just as you do in other fields.
- Prosecute the war leaders for obvious violation of the letter and spirit of US war laws and constant lies to engage in further wars. Because the crimes are so broad and deep, I recommend Truth and Reconciliation (T&R) to exchange full truth and return of stolen US assets for non-prosecution. This is the most expeditious way to understand and end all unlawful and harmful acts. Those who reject T&R are subject to prosecution.
Local perspective: Part of my professional duties as a teacher of economics and government is to produce competent adult citizenry. This includes realization that our nation’s policies and money are managed at a broad community level, and these issues have tremendous local impact. Of course, we all want human beings to be individually successful and enjoy their unique, beautiful and powerful self-expressions. Concurrently, we recognize our commitment to local success is strongly dependent upon the success of the community, and that government policy and economics are drivers.
Our status in early 21st
Century human history is that we suffer from a long history in government and money of human interrelationship well-described as vicious antagonism
. Governments frequently use war as a foreign policy, despite its illegality
and dependent upon public ignorance, with horrific consequences. Economic policy is still created within a “Robber Baron” paradigm to concentrate money to an elite few families. Two examples:
1. National taxes effect you dearly, especially the tax to pay interest on the national debt. This costs the American public over $400 billion every year. This is $4,000 per year for every $50,000 of income. Do the math to understand your household’s tax burden for a monetary policy invented by banks for banks to create our money supply as debt. Your competence in this area contributes to our collective voice to simply shift monetary policy to easily pay the national debt
, enjoy full employment
, collectively save us over a trillion dollars every year
, and finally realize what our brightest American minds have been advocating for centuries
beginning with Benjamin Franklin. This would have unprecedented local benefits, and requires collective power to accomplish.
2. Ending poverty everywhere on our planet
would cost just 0.7% of our income and save a million children’s lives every month. This human accomplishment will cause unimaginable joy at our local level.
“If we are to have peace on earth, our loyalties must become ecumenical rather than sectional. Our loyalties must transcend our race, our tribe, our class, and our nation; and this means we must develop a world perspective. No individual can live alone, no nation can live alone and as long as we try, the more we are going to have war in the world. Now the judgment of God is upon us and we must either learn to live together as brothers or we are all going to perish together as fools.”
-Inscription on Dr. Martin Luther King’s statue, Moorehouse College, Atlanta
“The day that hunger is eradicated from the earth, there will be the greatest spiritual explosion the world has ever known. Humanity cannot imagine the joy that will burst into the world on the day of that great revolution.” — poet Federico García Lorca
Comments policy: I welcome questions and comments that are civil and pertain to the article topic. Impolite and impertinent comments will be deleted.
Please consider that I’m among hundreds of writers who have documented our own government’s disclosure of propaganda programs to support their wars
. I suspect my articles are under such propagandistic attack from comments that use typical rhetorical fallacies to distract readers from the facts. I invite readers to sharpen their ability to discern such propaganda. They are characterized by a combination of: never addressing the facts, diverting attention through unsubstantiated belief in an alleged expert, irrelevant data, straw-man attack that distorts the facts, ad hominem
attack of insults to the messenger, vile comments to repulse readers, and lies of omission and commission.
I will use such comments to point-out the propaganda or delete them at my discretion. Again, all relevant and polite questions, and factually accurate comments are welcome. As a professional educator I’m in agreement with my experience and research: we learn best from multiple perspectives in mutual commitment to understand the facts, see those facts from diverse points-of-view, and consider various policy proposals of what we should do.
For those involved in support of US government-sponsored disinformation, I invite you to consider the quality of human relationships you wish to work toward. National security and a brighter future is not a function of fear, manipulation, and control. Our best security follows cooperation, justice under the law, dignity, and freedom. Working for your best imagined self-expression of virtue may include a unique contribution from the inside of your agency. Public attraction to the stories of Star Wars and the Harry Potter books/movies recognize that our society’s jump to civilized relations for all of us might require support from people within the “dark side” acting as covert agents for building a brighter future. Another option is becoming a whistle-blower; Project Camelot
is a popular venue for people in sensitive positions. Ultimately, I recommend a Truth and Reconciliation
process to exchange full truth for no prosecution, explained in detail at the link. Please consider the wisdom of your own “Scrooge conversion” to act for the benefit of all humanity rather than your self-proclaimed controlling, manipulating, and loveless “masters.”
“Scrooge was better than his word. He did it all, and infinitely more; and to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he was a second father. He became as good a friend, as good a master, and as good a man, as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough, in the good old world. Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him.”
, War and Peace
, World News abu ghraib torture
, acts of terrorism
, brian ross
, Claus von Stauffenberg
, journalist seymour hersh
, london daily telegraph
, Martin Luther King
, operation mockingbird
, President Ahmadinejad
, voice of america voa