On March 21st Turkey and Kurdish separatists announced they had negotiated a ceasefire, ending a 30 year civil war. There was major fanfare over this truce in the corporate media. As an example, see PKK leader declares ceasefire
Thus their failure to report that Turkey has already violated the truce five times stands out as a glaring omission. According to HPG (PKK) Media and Communication Center, the government launched artillery bombardments and/or helicopter strikes and troop incursions on Kurdish population centers on the following dates:
- On 1 April between 17:00-18:00, the Turkish military carried out artillery bombardments on the areas of Sehit Gafur and Sehit Karker, in the district of Yuksekova/Hakkari.
- On 2 April at 09:00 and again at 10:00, the Turkish army carried out artillery bombardments on the Hill of Sehit Kendal and tank bombardments on the Hill of Sehit Renas/Haftanin Region and the Medya Defense Areas.
- On 3 April, the Turkish state army launched a military operation involving 200 troops and two cobra type helicopters, on the Hill of Elemun.
- On 4 April between 18:00-19:00, the Turkish army carried out artillery bombardments on the areas of The Hills of Sehit Gafur, Sehit Karker and Geper/Oramar/Yuksekova/Hakkari.
- On 6 April between 12:30-18:00 the Hill of Sehit Rahime and between 17:00-18:00 the areas of Sehit Gafur and Sehit Karker/Oramar/Yuksekova/Hakkari were bombarded with obus, mortars, Tanks and other heavy weaponry.
If the Syrian government behaved like this, it would be splattered all over the six o’clock news. However given that Turkey is an ally in Obama’s misguided campaign for Syrian regime change, I guess it’s okay to look the other way.